This privacy statement is applicable only to the use of this website, operating under the name of Steyning Camera Club, and is a governed by Steyning Camera Club’s Data Protection Policy. This policy applies only to information collected through this website and not to information collected offline.
This policy was last modified on 21 May 2018. Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use of our website.
This policy covers the following scenarios when we may have access to your personal data via this website:
- You use our contact form
When you use our contact form, we require your name and email address or other contact information as required to enable us to respond to your enquiry. Unless you are or subsequently become a member of Steyning Camera Club, such information will not be used for any other purpose.
- You use our links to buy Event Tickets
From time to time this website provides a link for the online purchase of Event tickets. Such tickets are processed by a third-party such as PayPal or other respected payment gateway. Steyning Camera Club has no access to any data relating to your bank account, credit or debit cards used in such transactions, and records only your name and contact details for the purposes of managing attendees at the event. Your name and contact details are not retained beyond the event unless you expressly opt in to receive further information.
- You register with the website
To supply or subscribe to content you must be registered with the website. Registration is available only to bona fide members of Steyning Camera Club. Registration requires your name, contact email and a username.
- You login to the website
The website uses various security measures to protect its integrity. For every login and attempted login an IP Address is recorded. For registered users this IP Address is linked to your user profile, which can be viewed by website Administrators and technical support staff only.
- You supply content to the website
When you supply content to the website (available only to logged in and registered users) your name is published with the content.
- You visit the website
To monitor site usage and trends for the purposes of managing and improving our website we may from time to time use statistics such as those provided by Google Analytics. Such statistics are anonymous.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information:
- We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to any other party for any reason whatsoever other than where required to do so by law.
- In conjunction with our web partners we use third-party security measures to protect the integrity of the website and to keep registration data secure.
- All data collected for monitoring site usage and trends is gathered anonymously.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. You have the option in your web browser and also on your first visit to our site to accept or decline cookies. We use only the following:
- WordPress session cookies: These are required to enable WordPress to function properly, for example remembering if you, the user, are accessing the website on a computer, handheld or mobile device.
- Google may set cookies to store information and preferences about maps or other associated Google services on pages where we embed Google maps.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.