Bluebell Railway – 24th September 2017
Enjoy Bluebell Railway at their special event. Steam through the ages
On Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September a new Steam Through the Ages experience.
Each station will be presenting a different time zone.
Sheffield Park will recreate a Victorian era, leading on to Horsted Keynes with a 1940s war time display. Kingscote will offer a recreation of a 1960s restaurant and East Grinstead will recreate the sounds of the 1980s.
Travel tickets are valid all day so hop on and off the trains to explore what is going on at each station as much as you like. See website for prices.
Highlights will include:
- Victorian music
- Locomotive sheds
- Bessemer Arms
- Gift shop
- Concert party shows
- Black Market traders
- Sussex Home Guard Displays including Firearms, bayonet practise and parades
- Military vehicles
- King George V Buffet serving war time food
- Carriage and Wagon viewing gallery
- Gas mask making with Jacqui Sparkes
- 1960s fun and frivolity more details coming soon. (Dig out your flower power outfits)
- Travel Centre
- The Grinstead Buffet Carriage will be open for refreshments and snacks.
Details of where to meet and time to follow.
23 Sep 2017 – 24 Sep 2017 at All Day